Saturday, January 2, 2010

Our last visit with our midwife!!

12/29/09 This was supposed to be our last visit with our midwife before Malina's birth. When we got there all my vitals were checked. When the nurse took my blood pressure it was high, immediately, Carey and I looked at each other and knew we may not be going home from the visit. When our midwife walked in first thing she said was, "You have just earned your ticket to labor and delivery!" Apparently, My blood pressure was high and I had +3 protein in my urine, so I was showing signs of preeclampsia. After our visit we had to go to triage and check-in. For the following few hours my urine and blood pressure were monitored. My urine didn't change and my blood pressure kept rising, so they decided it was safest for me and Malina if I was induced immediately. Since Malina wasn't ready to come yet, my cervix wasn't thinned and I was not dialated. So, about 2:45 (the fun begins) they began giving me medicine to thin my cervix.

No comments:

Post a Comment